(scroll to see more!)
I am not actively scheduling appearances in order to work on Book 2 and attend to personal business. However, if you'd like to pull me out of my hermit cave, I'm sure I could be persuaded. Drop me a line: email@example.com
Past appearances (places where you may still be able to find signed copies!)
Cincinnati, OH: Joseph Beth Booksellers
New York, NY: Bank Street Bookstore, Books of Wonder
Wellesley, MA: Wellesley Booksmith
Providence, RI: Books on the Square
Louisville, KY: Hurstbourne Lane Borders, Carmichael's Bookstore
New Albany, IN: Destinations Booksellers
[scroll to bottom for complete info]
As a former classroom teacher, I love visiting schools and would welcome the chance to visit yours. I offer several types of presentations, all designed to fit into a 40-60 minute period.
- One Writer’s Journey: assembly, classroom, or library visit for grades 3 and up. I read from Nice and Mean, talk about my journey to becoming a writer, and answer questions.
- Lessons from a Writer: Classroom lesson on topics including “Show, Don’t Tell” and “Writing Description You Actually Like.” Best for grades 5 and up.
- Niceness and Meanness in Everyday Life. Group discussion of the characters’ choices in Nice and Mean, with chances to role-play positive behavior. Great for counseling groups as well as classrooms.
- $125 for one presentation, plus local travel and expenses
- $425 for up to four presentations, plus local travel and expenses
- For appearances outside of Louisville, if I am already in the area, I will calculate travel expenses based on proximity from my lodgings. If you wish to bring me to your area, please add travel and hotel fee to the prices above.
- I offer a sliding scale based on need, so don't be afraid to ask! Also, if I have discussed a different fee with you, I will consider that binding
Author visits work best when the students are familiar with writers and their work. I encourage teachers and librarians to make copies of Nice and Mean available to students in advance of any school visit. I can also help you do this as a fund-raiser. For further inquiry, contact me